It’s my mom’s big 50th birthday and seeing that my mom and sister love doing staycations, I knew I had to book a really nice resort in Arizona. They came up to Phoenix earlier this week and I booked a room at the Omni Resorts for their stay.
The Omni is one of the higher-end resorts in Phoenix, so I figured why not! Did you know that President Trump and Obama have previously stayed there?
The Omni is a bit outdated – it’s definitely not modern but it’s still a very beautiful resort. We got the Grand Palace Suite, which had a spacious living room with a pull-out couch, as well as a king-size bedroom. The back patio was huge and we had the gorgeous Camelback mountain view. I wish we used the back patio a bit more during our stay, but oh well!
If you’re looking for a staycation in Arizona – I highly recommend checking out the Omni!
Family Time at The Omni Resorts – Staycation in Arizona
My mom invited my aunt and cousin to come along with us – I lived with them during my first semester in college! It was so fun for everyone to catch up. I know my cousin loves my sister dearly so it was nice for all of us to spend time together.
We first grabbed lunch at Mekong Plaza, then hung out by the pool all afternoon. I booked my mom a facial at Phases Skincare in the evening and we hung out by the pool even more. Tyler joined us at the pool after his golf tournament.
After hanging out in the pool for a while, I realized one thing…
I can’t swim!
How did I not know I couldn’t swim? I took swimming lessons when I was younger and I knew I had trouble swimming. What I didn’t know is that I can’t swim at all! I start to feel claustrophobic when I’m in the pool and I have to get out occasionally to catch my breath. It’s been a thing since I was young but didn’t realize how bad it was until now. Swimming is not something I like to do. Sure, I’ll lay by the pool and get tan, but I hate putting my head under the water.
I think another thing that contributes to why I prefer not to swim is because of my contacts. I have this fear that I’ll accidentally open my eyes underwater and my contacts will float away. There are goggles but let’s face it, those are not cute!
Where should we stay next for our staycation in Arizona?
Anyway, here are some updates in my life –
- Tyler competed in the Arizona Amateur Championship and almost made it into the quarter-finals. I’m so proud of him.
- I had the opportunity to modeled for Primp & Blow. If you’re ever in their salon and see a photo of me, send it over! I love it when people tell me that they see me in ads, haha.
- I signed 3 long-term partnerships. I’m grateful because one of the companies is a HUGE brand. The other company is something I’m very passionate about it. I’m so delighted to introduce you to them!
- My apartment lease ends in two weeks. I’ve been living with my boyfriend for the past 9 months and my friend has been staying at mine for the past 2 months. I’ll have to rent out a storage unit until Tyler and I move out of his apartment and get a bigger place!
- I’m a hoarder – I have a cheap microwave from when I was living in a studio apartment by myself in 2017. I no longer have a use for it but can’t seem to let it go. This week, I will be donating the microwave to the office since we don’t have one.
That’s pretty much all! I have a very personal and intimate blog post in the works but I’m a bit hesitant to post it. It’s been sitting in my draft folder in a while – I’m hoping to let it sit for another week and come back to it with a clearer mind. It’s never easy writing things based on emotions. Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter so you’ll never miss a post!